here in napa, summer has more than arrived. we’re expecting temps to exceed 25 degrees OVER normal for this time of year. mid 90s when it’s still 45 degrees at night. oy. what better way to celebrate summer and cool off even if you don’t live in wine country? check out the entire recipe at the link:
1/4 cup milk, at room temperature
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
2 1/4 cups cake flour, sifted
1 3/4 cup granulated sugar
4 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoons salt
3/4 cup unsalted butter, at room temperature
3/4 cup strawberries, pureed
2 cup butter, at room temperature
1/2 Tablespoon vanilla extract
8 cups confectioners sugar
6 tablespoons strawberry syrup
1-3 Tablespoons of milk
1 cup strawberry jam
8-12 strawberries, halved
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees, grease two 8-9-inch pans.
- In small bowl, combine puree, milk , eggs, vanilla until well blended.
- In bowl of electric mixer, add flour, sugar, baking powder and salt and mix to combine, add butter. Mix until resembling crumbs.
- Add wet ingredients and beat on medium until evenly combined.
- Divide the batter evenly among the pans and smooth tops.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Let cool in pan for about 10 minutes and turn out onto wire racks. Let cakes cool completely.
- For the frosting. Cream together the butter, syrup and vanilla, Slowly add in the confectioners sugar. When it starts to get thick mix in the milk until desired consistancy is reached.
- To Serve. place bottom cake layer on a serving plate and top with a thin layer of frosting and a jam center, then top with other cake layer. smooth frosting over sides and pipe desired decoration onto top with jam and strawberries.
<p>Original <a href=”http://grandmotherskitchen.org/recipes/strawberry-double-layer-cake.html”>Strawberry Double Layer Cake Recipe</a> found at Grandmothers Kitchen <a href=”http://grandmotherskitchen.org”>Recipes</a>.</p>
yummy chocolate cupcakes with a fresh strawberry in the middle and fresh mint leaves on top! eye candy as well as dessert!