borrowed from THE KITTCHEN
The Most Delicious Thanksgiving Corn Recipe
i will add my vegan version as well. for health reasons, my cardiologist insisted i become vegan. it’s interesting to convert recipes and have them still be delicious!
Prep time: 15 mins
Cook time: 15 mins
Total time: 30 mins
- 7 ears of Corn
- 1 small Red Bell Pepper
- 1 small Green Bell Pepper
- ¼ cup of Water
- 2 tablespoons Butter OR 2 tbs of vegan butter
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- 1 teaspoon Sugar OR your favourite non sugar sweetener
- 8 ounces Cream Cheese OR 8 oz vegan cream cheese. i use tofutti.
- ½ cup Half and Half OR 1/2 cup of soy creamer or organic soy milk.
- 2 tablespoons Flour
- ¼ teaspoon Smoked Paprika
- ½ teaspoon Chili Powder
- 2 tablespoons Parmesan OR vegan parmesan cheese
- Shuck the corn, rinse it, and slice the corn off the cob. Finely dice the bell peppers.
- Heat the water and butter in a pot. Once it starts steaming, add the corn and the bell peppers. Cook for 6 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Add all of the remaining ingredients (except the Parmesan), and stir to combine. Once the cream cheese has melted, pour into a casserole dish.
- Top with the Parmesan and bake for 375 degrees for 15 minutes. You can prepare this recipe up to this point a day or two ahead of time and then bake it just prior to serving.
you HAVE to watch this video… this looks so yummy, i wish i had one right now! scrumptious!
For sandwich size bread cut 3 bacon slices in half. You will need 6 halved slices. Lay out 3 of the bacon slices vertically and weave in the other 3 pieces horizontally.
Place the bacon weave blanket onto 2 paper towels and top with 2 paper towels. Cook for 2 minutes. Take a peek if more time is needed cook for additional 20 sec intervals until the bacon is cooked to your liking. 3 min was perfect for me but I like it crispy.
Place directly onto pan and bake 375° for 15 minutes. Remove and flip your blanket over. Bake another 15 minutes. Remove and place blanket on paper towel to blot grease off before placing on sandwich.
i love homemade pizza. i can get yummy pizza with non GMO toppings and i know what goes in it. check out this recipe from “the southern lady cooks”