borrowed from THE KITTCHEN
The Most Delicious Thanksgiving Corn Recipe
i will add my vegan version as well. for health reasons, my cardiologist insisted i become vegan. it’s interesting to convert recipes and have them still be delicious!
Prep time: 15 mins
Cook time: 15 mins
Total time: 30 mins
- 7 ears of Corn
- 1 small Red Bell Pepper
- 1 small Green Bell Pepper
- ¼ cup of Water
- 2 tablespoons Butter OR 2 tbs of vegan butter
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- 1 teaspoon Sugar OR your favourite non sugar sweetener
- 8 ounces Cream Cheese OR 8 oz vegan cream cheese. i use tofutti.
- ½ cup Half and Half OR 1/2 cup of soy creamer or organic soy milk.
- 2 tablespoons Flour
- ¼ teaspoon Smoked Paprika
- ½ teaspoon Chili Powder
- 2 tablespoons Parmesan OR vegan parmesan cheese
- Shuck the corn, rinse it, and slice the corn off the cob. Finely dice the bell peppers.
- Heat the water and butter in a pot. Once it starts steaming, add the corn and the bell peppers. Cook for 6 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Add all of the remaining ingredients (except the Parmesan), and stir to combine. Once the cream cheese has melted, pour into a casserole dish.
- Top with the Parmesan and bake for 375 degrees for 15 minutes. You can prepare this recipe up to this point a day or two ahead of time and then bake it just prior to serving.
VEGAN CHICKEN LASAGNA
4 cups of chicken TVP shredded or cubed
2 cups salsa verde
2 cups vegan mozzarella shreds
2 cups Mexican vegan cheese blend (daiya has a monterrey jack)
3/4 cup vegan sour cream
10 oz. no boil lasagna noodles
1 or 2containers (15 oz) of vegan cream cheese
1 10oz can of fire roasted green chilis
1 tsp chili powder
1 tsp cumin
Preheat oven to 375 degrees F
Combine chicken, chilis, salsa verde and sour cream in a large bowl and season generously with salt and pepper, cumin and chili powder.
Spread 1/3 of the chicken mixture in the bottom of a large baking dish and cover with lasagna noodles.
Top with another layer of chicken mixture, then cover with cream cheese mozzarella and Mexican cheese.
Repeat with another layer of chicken, cream cheese and cheese, then top with lasagna noodles.
Cover noodles with remaining salsa verde and cream cheese, then sprinkle remaining mozzarella evenly over the top.
Cover dish with aluminum foil and bake for 25 minutes. Uncover and bake for another 10-15, or until cheese is melted and bubbly.
Remove from oven and serve hot.
Vinegar is easy to make, from a variety of products. And you can make your own mother of vinegar too, although you don’t actually need it. All you have to do is add already-made vinegar to apple cider, in a proportion of 1:4. However, to make mother of vinegar, expose a mixture of one-half vinegar and one-half cider to a temperature of 80 degrees for a few days. The thin scum that forms on the surface is mother of vinegar.
learn more at the link! homemade vinegar
Love quinoa but want to expand your repertoire beyond the usual grain salad or pilaf? These crisp-crusted quinoa cakes provide a mild canvas for the bold flavors of olives, peppers, and greens. With white beans to give them some heft and heartiness, they make a terrific meatless main course. CLICK THE LINK FOR ALL THE IDEAS.
12 ideas for cooking quinoa
skip the harsh chemicals by making your own skin toner. clear skin and remove years!
click this link for all the details! step by step instructions
the brand of pectin shouldn’t matter and i personally wouldn’t go rushing out looking for the one listed in this recipe unless you want to. i love pepper jelly. you can put it on anything and it’s great with cream cheese on a fancy cracker. mmmmm. DON’T FORGET TO WEAR GLOVES AND DO NOT TOUCH YOUR FACE, EYES, ETC! this is the voice of experience lol. ouch.
my jalapenos went crazy this year while my romas did not, so i have a surplus of peppers. yay!
here is the link with all the details:
who doesn’t love a tasty frozen treat in hot weather? some great recipes here. you MUST try them. i can’t wait to make my first batch. click the link for all the details:
rag rugs are really trendy again and this lady shows step by step, how easy it can be. her post was in MOTHER EARTH NEWS. click the link and enjoy!