one thing i have never loved about stainless steel sinks, is that they get grungy looking. if you click the link below, you can learn to make yours sparkle and shine like she does. time for a good scrubbing for mine, for sure!
This is probably the easiest and least expensive eye gel recipe in the world.
It requires just cucumber and Aloe vera gel and is a powerful anti-inflammatory helping to reduce eye puffiness and keep your under eyes looking young and beautiful.
To find out how to make this, click the link below…
recipe for crystallized ginger
*1/2 pound fresh ginger, peeled
*1/2 pound organic sugar, plus additional sugar for tossing the cooked ginger slices
1. Slice the ginger into 1/8 inch thick slices using a mandoline or a sharp knife. The slices should all be the same thickness so they cook evenly.
2. Put the sliced ginger into a pot on the stove and pour in enough water to just cover the ginger. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat and allow to simmer for about 45 minutes until most, but not all, of the liquid has cooked off (you want about 1/4 cup of liquid to remain).
3. Add the sugar to the ginger slices and remaining water. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat to a simmer. Allow to cook, stirring occasionally, for about 20 minutes.
4. Drain the ginger slices over a colander, reserving the ginger syrup for another use.
5. Spread the wet ginger slices out on a cooling rack set over waxed paper. Sprinkle one side of the slices with organic sugar. Allow to dry for a few hours, then turn over and sprinkle the other side with organic sugar.
6. Once sprinkled with sugar and completely dry, the slices will keep in an airtight container for several months.
for the entire article, click this link:
Hydrogen peroxide is the only germicidal agentcomposed only of water and oxygen. Like ozone, it kills disease organisms by oxidation! Hydrogen peroxide is considered the worlds safest all natural effective sanitizer. It kills microorganisms by oxidizing them, which can be best described as a controlled burning process. When Hydrogen peroxide reacts with organic material it breaks down into oxygen and water.
1. Whiten Clothes – An Alternative to Beach
Add a cup of Peroxide to white clothes in your laundry to whiten them. Peroxide is great to get rid of blood stains on clothes and carpets. If there is blood on clothing, just pour directly on the spot, let it sit for about a minute, then rub and rinse with cold water. Repeat if necessary.
for the entire list, click this link:
Cleaning out the sewing room recently, I came across a good stash of homegrown calendula petals from last year that were dried and ready to go. Ah, yes, calendula soap. I had wanted to have a crack at this for quite some time and my memory had been jogged after chatting soap and calendula with a vegie groupie just last week. Calendula is well known for it’s skin soothing properties and as an added bonus, the petals actually keep their colour during the saponification process, when the lye and oils mix together to form ‘soap’. I just had to give it a go..
(**This is not a detailed tutorial for making soap. Certain safety precautions need to be observed when making soap at home which I haven’t covered here. See Rhonda’s cold pressed soap recipe if starting out with handmade soaps for the first time.**)
for the full article, please click the link:
also, check out the other article entitled:HOW TO MAKE COLD PRESSED SOAP
- Homemade laundry detergent
- This detergent is safe for the newer HE washers, as it is very low suds.
- 1/2 Cup: Arm & Hammer Super Washing Soda (do not use baking soda)
- 1/2 Cup: Borax
- 1/3 Bar of ZOTE
- 1/4 Cup of your favourite fragrance oil if you want it to smell super good (optional)
- Bucket (I use a 5 gallon I got free at fast food place, so I have plenty of room for mixing)
- Empty laundry detergent containers or bucket with lid to store detergent.
- I pour what I need into an empty detergent bottle, then refill from the bucket as needed.
Grate 1/3 bar of ZOTE Soap over large pot or saucepan…
- Add 6 cups of Water.
- Heat over medium-high until soap dissolves and melts.
- Add Washing Soda & Borax, and stir until dissolved.
- Remove from heat and set aside.
- Pour 4 cups Hot Water into bucket, then add Soap Mixture.
- Stir, then add 1 Gallon + 6 Cups of additional water. Stir.
- I use my stick blender to make sure it’s all mixed well.
- Transfer to a bucket with a lid, or pour into empty laundry detergent containers.
- Set aside, and let it sit overnight, or up to 24 hours, to thicken and gel up.
- Consistency and color will vary depending on your soap & water ~ it may be lumpy and watery… kind of like a watery gel, but it works great!
Stir or shake before each use, as it will continue to gel. I keep a long handle spoon or stick blender (I have 2) in my laundry room, so I can stir as needed
I use about 1/3 cup of detergent per load. If I need to, I add liquid bleach in the normal amount (for whites) or oxy for colours.
- Borax, 76 oz. box ~ $3.14 at Wal-Mart or Winco
- Arm & Hammer Washing Soda, 55 oz. box ~ 3.42 at Walmart and 3.14 at Winco
- Zote ~ $.97 at Walmart and Fels Naptha was $.97 at Winco
- About 2 gallons for around 1.00 at these prices.
Your prices will vary according to where you live and what store you shop.
I don’t like all the chemicals in it, so I use ZOTE. You can also use a bar of ivory soap, but will need to use the ENTIRE bar.
Look for my post on homemade fabric softener