The Most Delicious Thanksgiving Corn Recipe
i will add my vegan version as well. for health reasons, my cardiologist insisted i become vegan. it’s interesting to convert recipes and have them still be delicious!
Prep time: 15 mins
Cook time: 15 mins
Total time: 30 mins
- 7 ears of Corn
- 1 small Red Bell Pepper
- 1 small Green Bell Pepper
- ¼ cup of Water
- 2 tablespoons Butter OR 2 tbs of vegan butter
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- 1 teaspoon Sugar OR your favourite non sugar sweetener
- 8 ounces Cream Cheese OR 8 oz vegan cream cheese. i use tofutti.
- ½ cup Half and Half OR 1/2 cup of soy creamer or organic soy milk.
- 2 tablespoons Flour
- ¼ teaspoon Smoked Paprika
- ½ teaspoon Chili Powder
- 2 tablespoons Parmesan OR vegan parmesan cheese
- Shuck the corn, rinse it, and slice the corn off the cob. Finely dice the bell peppers.
- Heat the water and butter in a pot. Once it starts steaming, add the corn and the bell peppers. Cook for 6 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Add all of the remaining ingredients (except the Parmesan), and stir to combine. Once the cream cheese has melted, pour into a casserole dish.
- Top with the Parmesan and bake for 375 degrees for 15 minutes. You can prepare this recipe up to this point a day or two ahead of time and then bake it just prior to serving.