A wonderful recipe from CULTURES FOR HEALTH Pair it with my former post on how to make your own rosemary oil. Your hair will thank you.
Honey may seem an odd ingredient to use in a shampoo, but combined with the right ingredients, it can add body and health to your hair. Rosemary cleans and disinfects, and it helps to treat a flaky, imbalanced scalp.
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup liquid castile soap
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 cup raw honey
- 10 drops rosemary essential oil
Instructions for Making Honey Rosemary Shampoo:
- Place water in a small saucepan and warm gently over low heat until warm but not hot. Remove from heat.
- Add castile soap, olive oil, and raw honey. Whisk until well combined. Cool in the pan.
- Pour the shampoo carefully into a quart jar or other airtight glass container of choice. Add essential oil and seal the container tightly.Shake to combine.
Shelf Life and Storage Information: Store in glass jar or other container, in a cool place. Shampoo should last 3-4 weeks.
How to Use Honey Rosemary Shampoo:
- Gently pour or spray over wet hair. Use only as much as needed to coat the hair and work up a slight lather.
- Rub into hair and scalp from root to tips.
- Rinse well with warm water and apple cider vinegar, if desired.