HEART HEALTHY OR VEGAN PANCAKES
by beverly armstrong
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon white sugar or whey low
- 1 1/4 cups non dairy milk of your choice
- ¼ cup egg beaters or egg substitute for vegans to equal 1 egg
- 3 tablespoons vegan butter, melted, or olive oil
- In a large bowl, mix together the flour, baking powder, salt and sugar. Make a well in the center and pour in the milk substitute, egg substitute and melted vegan butter or olive oil; mix until smooth.
- Heat a lightly oiled griddle or frying pan over medium high heat. Pour or scoop the batter onto the griddle, using approximately 1/4 cup for each pancake. Brown on both sides and serve hot.